This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.
- For your server type, select "POP3" and click Next
- On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
Enter your first and last name.
Enter your e-mail address.
Enter your e-mail address, again.
Enter the password set up for your e-mail account.
Incoming mail server (POP3)
Enter your incoming mail server – for example mail.example.com.au.
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Enter your outgoing mail server – for example mail.example.com.au
Click "More Settings."
- On the Internet E-mail Settings window, select the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
- Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Select the "Advanced" tab and change the "Outgoing server (SMTP)" port from 80 to 587.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.